Sunday, January 9, 2011

South beach "fries"

I  get really hungry for a cheeeseburger and fries 
Last night I had a boca burger and butternut squash fries

South Beach recipe is calls for sweet potato but I substituted butternut squash and they turned out fine.

2 medium sweet potatoes scrubbed and drie1 T. extra virgin olive oil (evoo) or canola oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
Heat oven to 425
slice each potato lengthwise  into 8 to 10 pieces toss with salt oil and paprika 
spread on a single layer on a baking sheet until lightly browned ( about 15 minutes)
turn slices and bake another 10 minutes or until that side is browned and  potatoes are tender.

I heat the pan in the oven while it preheats ..
The Queen Mom

1 comment:

  1. Oops .....looks like we have to edit posts before we actually post them ... OH well... A couple of typos but you get the drift
    Enjoy this day and ....Get those veggies in LOL


    I wonder if we could sub carrots in this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete