Monday, January 10, 2011

How Club 9 started

I first became aware that 9 servings of fruits and vegetables per day are suggested by watching Dr. Christine Northrup...http://www.drnorthrup.com/

As first I found it hard, now its easy for me.

A sample day is:

Breakfast: cereal or egg with a fruit

Lunch: salad, carrot sticks and a fruit

Snack: V8 and nuts

Dinner: Meat, 3 vegetables and 1/2 cup pasta, rice or potato

Snack banana with chocolate sauce and whipped cream (pretty much daily)

(I consider 1/2 cup a serving)

Other suggestions that Dr. Northrup had:

Your waist should not exceed 35" (I have a piece of yarn marked at 35", I keep cutting off pieces of it as I lose inches)

weigh your self daily

Exercise 5 times a week

Eat 5 carrot servings per week

Eat protein for breakfast

Drink 5 cups of tea per week

Take fish oil, vitamin D, magnesium

Breakfast predicts your whole day (stay away from sugar in the morning or you will be hungry all day)

Sugar is like glass in your veins (it is sharp and hard on your veins).

Use meat as a condiment.

No msg

Not too much alcohol

The older we get, the less food we really need.

I have heard a lot of this before, but I had never heard 9 serving of fruit and veggies. I wanted to try it, just to see if I could do it and I feel so much better. I find I am not looking for as much bread, chocolate and wine as usual because I am more focused on trying to eat all of my fruit and veggies. The key is having the fresh fruits and veggies in the house ready to go and liking them. I just love apples but I have to dunk them in peanut butter, so I do.

Having 3 veggies for dinner may seem hard but it is not. I make one per night (a big batch) then I eat 2 leftover servings from the 2 previous nights.


No comments:

Post a Comment